rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Seeking Participants for Suite Scarlett / Scarlett Fever Roundtable

If you're digging this month's books, Suite Scarlett and Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson, we'd love for you to participate in an online roundtable discussion.

It's really easy to do. Just leave a comment below with your email address. Next week, I will send you an invite through Google Docs, where you may respond to some basic discussion questions to get things started. Then add in questions of your own, and check the document every couple of days throughout the month to respond to questions and comments from other readers. Google Docs is available 24/7, so you may keep adding to the discussion any time an idea strikes you until we wrap things up in late September. I'll post the complete roundtable at both the Bildungsroman and readergirlz blogs at the close of the month.

Check out previous roundtables to see how they work.

Check out the September issue of readergirlz for more about the books and their author.

23 comments:

elfarmy17 said...

I haven't read these books in several months and don't remember them that well, but I'd like to at least attempt (meaning read the discussion and input where I remember enough to be useful), so if that's okay, here's my email: jalawood@gmail.com

Little Willow said...

Hey there, elfarmy17! I'll send you an invite when the roundtable is ready. I hope you get a chance to re-read the books so you can dive right into the discussion!

MarjoleinBookBlog said...

I have read both the books so i would love to participate
marjoleinbookblog@gmail.com

Priya said...

I love these books - I don't mind joining either.

priyagan(at)gmail(dot)com

Mariah said...

I love both of these books!

a_readers_adventure (at) yahoo (d0t) com

Melissa Walker said...

I'm already in because, hello, these books are heaven.

Little Willow said...

Marjolein, Priya, and Mariah: Thanks (in advance) for chiming in!

Melissa: Indeed - you and Micol were the first to raise your hands and say, "Ooh! Me!" :)

Unknown said...

I'd love to join in! :)

actenshiko8@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Love to join! p.hb@gmx.co.uk

janflora said...

Sounds good :) i was thinking of this series for a Goodreads "read a series in September" event, so the timing is right. Seems like a sign :) Hope I won't be too far behind! I read fast :)

janflora said...

oops...janflocor@aol :)

Anonymous said...

I love MJ and the Scarlett books. Sounds interesting!

lmcr1996@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

The Martin family holds a special spot in my heart.
lindsay.folkmann@gmail.com
I can't wait to discuss MJ with other people!

Little Willow said...

janflora, tigerlili, and nerdgirltalking: Great! Welcome aboard. :)

Maya said...

i absolutely love these books and would love to participate!
mayaehill@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love MJs books and I'd love to participate. SingularityStar@gmail.com

Samantha Rowan said...

This sounds like a great idea! I'd love to be a part of it. samantharowan [@] gmail

Little Willow said...

Maya, Jen, Samantha: Huzzah! You will be added to the list.

Alex said...

aj.mcgown(at)yahoo(dot)ca

Little Willow said...

If you're interested in participating and you left a comment here already, please check your email. You should have an invite from me via Google Docs. Click over to the document and chime in straightaway! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.