rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Twilight graphic novel in the works

Speaking of graphic novels - which we are all month long here at readergirlz, with a special feature on The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg - Entertainment Weekly has reported that there will be a Twilight graphic novel with art by Young Kim. Click here to see a sample panel.

Do you think that Twilight will translate well in graphic novel format?

6 comments:

Diana Dang said...

I am not a fan of Twilight... at all. But I am indeed a huge manga fan as my blog consists of many manga reviews aside YA ones. So I will look into the Twilight manga when it is released by Yen Press.

marlan the martian said...

I've been really surprised and pleased by how well some books translate into a graphic novel/manga format. As an example, while I personally don't like Patterson's Maximum Ride series, I'm crazy about NaRae Lee's manga version. For whatever reason, the weak dialogue and over-the-top plot twists Patterson slaps together weirdly comes across appealing and fun in manga format. Lol, go figure.

I'd be interested to know if Readergirlz have come across other successes when text is turned into graphic novels.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I do, actually. It's a good fit.

dmarks said...

I like comic books, am not big on manga, and I do like Twilight. I just now posted on the Twilight graphic novel too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.