rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, February 23, 2009

February Recommended Reading from the Postergirlz!

As a compliment to our featured February title, No Laughter Here by Rita Williams-Garcia, the postergirlz, our fantastic teen lit advisory council, recommend these great reads!

Fiction
Bound by Donna Jo Napoli




Swollen by Melissa Lion




A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd




Chandra's Secrets by Allan Stratton




Non-Fiction

My Forbidden Face by Latifa




6 comments:

Little Willow said...

I hope folks enjoy this month's recommendations! My favorite in this batch is SWOLLEN by Melissa Lion.

Marie said...

I haven't read any of these yet! I'll be sure to check them out!

susan said...

Picked up Swollen. Thanks for featuring it here. I've corresponded with Melissa, too. I'm really glad I saw her book here.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

I want to read "A Swift Pure Cry" so badly! I'm hoping to get it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.