rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stronger Stories

Lorie Ann Grover and I have often included songs by Kelly Clarkson on our rgz playlists. We're both really digging Kelly's new album, Stronger.

While listening to the album, I dropped by Kelly's website and discovered this awesome forum for Stronger Stories, which simply asks: "What has made you stronger?" and encourages people to share their stories of strength.

We here at rgz encourage you to do the same, be it here at this blog, there at Stronger Stories, in an important in-person discussion with your family or friends, or simply in your personal diary or journal. You are all strong, each and every one of you reading this blog, and we salute your strength.

5 comments:

LoriStrongin said...

What made me stronger was being nominated by my high school teachers to attend the National Youth Leadership Conference in Washington DC. That week changed my entire life because it was the first time when "It Gets Better" made sense to me. It was the first time I'd met people my own age who didn't need to rely on putting other people down to make themselves feel better, who enjoyed talking about books or history or other topics more interesting than Beavis and Butthead.

It was the first time I saw the possibilities in the world outside of high school, and it gave me courage to make it through.


Smiles!
Lori

Little Willow said...

Excellent! That's awesome -- and you have strong in your NAME!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Loved reading your story, Lori!

Melissa Walker said...

So cool, Lori! I love your tale.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.