rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Rock the Drop, 2015

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Things to Know About Featured Author Kristin Cashore

We learned a few things about September's featured author Kristin Cashore, and here are some of the juiciest tidbits! (Read the full list on readergirlz.com)

On the nightstand: A teetering pile of books; post-it notes; earplugs; one of those relaxing eye pillows; my Swiss Army knife

Favorite library: That's easy! The beautiful main branch of the Jacksonville Public Library.

Pets: I'm currently petless, but dream of the perfect cat.

Dream book tour: How about a tour in which I stay in one city for about two weeks? How about if the city is Rome? How about if my hotel is right next to the Pantheon?

Cure for writer's block: I don't know if I get writer's block, exactly, but I do have trouble writing sometimes because I'm pushing too hard and need a daydreaming/resting break. The cure at those times is to STOP WRITING.

Favorite outfit: Oh, that's easy: flannel PJs.

Stilettos or Uggs? The only thing I would ever use a stiletto for is self-defense.

Our kind of woman! Also, check out her blog for big bestseller news! Hooray, Kristin!!!


4 comments:

Margo Dill said...

I think she might be my twin because I would have answered the questions just like her except for the pets. I love my two dogs although currently they are irritating each other just to do so. :)

Thanks for sharing,
Margo
http://margodill.com/blog/

Little Willow said...

Congratulations, Kristin!

kristin cashore said...

Aw, thanks!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Wouldn't Kristin like be awesome to have as a bestie?