readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September: Secondary Characters


Secondary characters are often such rich additions to novels. Which of the secondary characters in Graceling - characters other than, say, Katsa, Po, Bitterblue, or Leck - would you most like to know personally? Why?

Or, what secondary characters from other novels would you most like to befriend?


Shelf Elf said...

I'd like to know Prince Raffin better (he he).

Secondary characters in other books I'd like to be friends with:



Luna from HP

Little Willow said...

Bitterblue is my favorite supporting character in Graceling.

Spencer is a great character, Shelf Elf!

If I start listing my favorite supporting characters from novels, I'll be here for days.

I have a booklist at Bildungsroman called Sassy Sidekicks of Children's Literature.

Melissa Walker said...

Ooh, love that list, LW!

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I have to say Po's brother. Skye!

kristin cashore said...

I'd like to know Alpha from The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks better :o)

Cara Mengobati Kencing Nanah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
abdul munif Habiby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.