This is a question often asked of the divas. How are books chosen to be featured? Let me give you a run down.
Here are our lines of input:
* Everyone on the rgz team is busy reading year round.
* In December, our postergirlz individually submit their top ten reads of the year to the divas.
* Throughout the months, the postergirlz also alert us the minute they finish a most amazing book.
* Mitali Perkins, our rgz SCOUT, watches the reviews of the most current titles, and she has those works sent to the divas a.s.a.p.
* The rgz Street Team posts their reviews.
* The rgz SALON contributes from their reads.
* The divas watch the blog comments to see what our rgz are talking about and recommending themselves.
Considering all the above, the divas select books that reflect strong female protagonists. We make every effort to represent a broad perspective:
* multicultural titles,
* various socioeconomic circumstances,
* the overlooked, quiet literary works,
* and the commercial successes that everyone is excited about.
We then reach out to see if an author's schedule can accommodate the rgz monthly commitment.
Once the features are booked, the postergirlz are alerted, and collectively they work to suggest the most excellent companion reads to equally accompany the feature. They always include a nonfiction title, as well, in their monthly recommended reads.
That's pretty much the process. A beautiful synergy to bring you the very best in young adult literature!