rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August: Discovering Your Talents

Although she has always had a habit of doodling house designs, Kendra discovers a whole new creative outlet when she joins the stage crew. What talents do you have? Is there a new way you can use these talents that you haven't explored yet?



9 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

I always think about doing writing workshops or working with girls who want to be writers. One day I WILL. I think sharing what you do/know is part of the thrill of it.

Shelf Elf said...

Is being "clownish" a talent? I like making people laugh and being silly and I've had quite a few people tell me they think I should go to clown school. Clown school... I kind of want to, but I'm not sure it would pay the bills! :)

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Go, Melissa!

Go, Shelf Elf! Isn't there a clown school in Florida? I think so...Maybe a bit far for you.

When my ballet ended, my art began. When my art grew restricted, my writing began. Hopefully, that won't end anytime soon. :~)

Little Willow said...

I sing, dance, act, and write - all various styles - direct, led, teach, help, donate, contemplate, share, listen, try, and I'm also very good at spoiling cats.

Dia Calhoun said...

Hmn, what an interesting question.
Maybe I could put my literary skills to another use--writing eye-popping classified ads on craigslist! Seriously though,one latent talent I have always wanted to explore further is the art of figure drawing and painting. A teacher in art college told me I showed promise, but there was not world enough and time...maybe someday.

holly cupala said...

Fascinating - the idea of talents making way for each other. I used to love to dance, play piano, draw, paint, and write, and over time I had to choose. Dance over piano. In school, I chose to major in literature over art. As Dia said, not world enough and time. I love the activities which bring those loves together.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.