rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Rgz Street Team: Sarah Reviews I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

The rgz Street Team is a group of teens who bring YA reviews to our blog, led by Postergirl Miss Erin. Find out more.

Today, Sarah reviews I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore:


"I didn't hate or love these main character. John was a likable character, but I never connected to him. Sarah was a sweet character, but I didn't feel that I really know her at all, other then the fact that she loved him. Their romance was cute, but I didn't really see anything between them. Sam was a great sidekick and I loved how nerdy he was. I wish that there had been my character development. The plot was very slow to begin with, but the climax was rather awesome..." --Sarah

See Sarah's full review of this book on Sarah's Random Musings.

4 comments:

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Have to admire Sarah's honesty here. Yep.

Melissa Walker said...

YES. Thanks, Sarah! This book is obviously huge and movie-fied. Great to hear how different readers feel about it.

June G said...

I loved it way more than you did. I thought it was very good. Romance and action with a sprinkling of poignancy--can't beat that combo. Reading is so subjective!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.