readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Rgz Street Team: Sarah Reviews I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

The rgz Street Team is a group of teens who bring YA reviews to our blog, led by Postergirl Miss Erin. Find out more.

Today, Sarah reviews I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore:

"I didn't hate or love these main character. John was a likable character, but I never connected to him. Sarah was a sweet character, but I didn't feel that I really know her at all, other then the fact that she loved him. Their romance was cute, but I didn't really see anything between them. Sam was a great sidekick and I loved how nerdy he was. I wish that there had been my character development. The plot was very slow to begin with, but the climax was rather awesome..." --Sarah

See Sarah's full review of this book on Sarah's Random Musings.


Lorie Ann Grover said...

Have to admire Sarah's honesty here. Yep.

Melissa Walker said...

YES. Thanks, Sarah! This book is obviously huge and movie-fied. Great to hear how different readers feel about it.

June G said...

I loved it way more than you did. I thought it was very good. Romance and action with a sprinkling of poignancy--can't beat that combo. Reading is so subjective!

Cara Mengobati Kencing Nanah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.