rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, October 22, 2010

rgz (guest) HOST Seattle: Holly goes to Mindi Scott's FREEFALL launch!

On Sunday I put on my sparkly sweater and headed out to Mindi Scott's FREEFALL launch party at Third Place Books and came home with a stack(!) of signed books...

...alas, none of them were FREEFALL, because Mindi sold out! (Hooray, Mindi!)


But I did get to hear Mindi read from the book and hang out later with lots of cool Northwest authors - here I am with Denise Jaden (LOSING FAITH), Mindi, Kimberly Derting (THE BODY FINDER), Karen Kincy (OTHER), and Mandy Hubbard (YOU WISH):



I'm really sorry I missed Phoebe Kitanidis (WHISPER), who was kind enough to come to my Tell Me a Secret party last July even though she didn't know me from Adam. Plus I would have come home with five books! Next time, Phoebe.

Mindi contributed to my author secrets video, plus you can check out her Story Secrets interview here!

6 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Can't wait to read Mindi's book!

Megan Bostic said...

Sounds like fun!

Liz Gallagher said...

Thanks for guest-HOSTing, Holly! I was sorry to miss Mindi's party and I can't wait to read FREEFALL!

holly cupala said...

Sorry to miss you, Liz! It was a fun party.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.