rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cover Stories: Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

lrmcoverfinal.jpg
Ivy Devlin's Low Red Moon just shines on shelves. Partly because of the foil, and partly because of its gorgeous red and partly because of the amazing illustrations -- it comes together gorgeously.

Here's Ivy to share her side of the story:

"The original title of the book was red, so as I was writing the book, I figured that, if I was lucky enoug
h to have the stars align and have it sell, a cover with some red in it would be cool.

"We did talk a little about the cover, mostly because the title of the book changed. Everyone wanted red from the start, though, which was fun!

"When I first saw the cover, I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, because it's a total dream cover! The red is amazing looking, and it's done in foil, so it shines, and then the title is embossed..."

Read the rest of Ivy's Cover Story, and see the book trailer, at melissacwalker.com.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cover for Low Red Moon! I got it the other day, and I just couldn't stop looking at it! I love the shinyyyness :D

holly cupala said...

I got a signed copy of the advance version (more like a paperback) at BEA, and it's also gorgeous - in fact, I'm awarding at as a prize over at my blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.