rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, June 22, 2009

June: Ditched by a Friend

In the book, Jenna's friend Katy complains that Jenna hasn’t been a very good friend since starting to date Ethan. Have you ever felt ditched by a friend who spends a lot of time with a boyfriend or girlfriend?

13 comments:

Little Willow said...

I was, in high school. Though I wished her well and hope she was happy, I missed my friend!

Julie H said...

Only a million times! But I think I got a little too possessive at one point when I made my friend schedule one weekend night with me per weekend so she wasn't spending too much time with her boyfriend. I think that was a bit much on my part :)

Diana Dang said...

Yep. Ever since my BFF got a boyfriend this year, I haven't talked to her since.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Ooooo. Remember the girlfriends. They are the ones still waiting when the boy walks, right?

I love the scene in Mama Mia when both mother and daughter reunite with their girlfriends. That is joy!

Melissa Walker said...

There has to be balance. I had a friend in high school who was really upset when I got a boyfriend, and she went overboard demanding time. But I think it's important that both friends communicate and coordinate moments together, boy or not!

Beth Kephart said...

I have indeed been ditched by friends.

And then returned to.

Often.

Little Willow said...

If you love something, set it free
If it comes back to you, it's yours
If it doesn't, it never was


I have strongly believed that ever since the first time I read it on a poster as a child.

I started my Sweethearts review with this, as a matter of fact.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dia Calhoun said...

Yes, I have been ditched by a friend. It HURT.

Silence is Golden, But Ducktape is Silver said...

You know LW, I love that quote:

"If you love something, set it free
If it comes back to you, it's yours
If it doesn't, it never was"

No use crying over spilled milk right?

;}

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.