rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

If you couldn't publish, would you still write? asks Markus Zusak

http://beckyworks.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/book-thief-2.jpg

I was just skipping around Amazon and bumped into this AMAZING video with Markus Zusak. They don't allow it to be uploaded elsewhere, but here is the link. Watch it! He gives the moving backstory for The Book Thief and asks that question: if your book would not be published, would you still write it? I join with him in saying, "Yes!"

I want to host Markus on rgz! Who's with me, ladies?

My website

11 comments:

Suzanne Young said...

Oh, I am SO WITH YOU on this one. :-)

Heidi Rabinowitz said...

Markus is the BEST! Great writer, great speaker, really nice guy, and cute too. You should absolutely host him.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I knew it! Let's see what we can do. :~)

Little Willow said...

Yes on all counts!

holly cupala said...

That would be awesome. Yes to writing and not publishing! Most of us start out that way. :)

Melissa Walker said...

Yes! Yes! I may be writing an unpublished book right now, who knows? :)

Iryna said...

Wow, great video! Thanks for posting about it!

Mrs. F-B's Books Blog said...

I would love for you to host Markus Zusak. My adult book group just read The Book thief. Everyone loved it!

Amber said...

I am on board too! Would love to chat with Markus and his book is on the top of my "to read" list - I love history and this sounds like such a unique story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.