rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

rgz NYC HOST post: THE SECRET ME in NYC!

Here at readergirlz, we're all about celebrating ourselves in all of our fabulous forms -- sometimes secret, sometimes social, and always sensational! That's why I'm especially excited to showcase the newest release from Meg Leder and Rachel Kempster, THE SECRET ME BOOK! 


Discover what makes you, you...

What makes you tick and hum?
What quirks and habits are yours and yours alone?
who do you wish you could be?
who are you now?

The answers make up your "secret me," your soul's fingerprint.
Packed with creative and quirky prompts, ideas, and activities, The Secret Me Book gives you an inspiring way to get to know this core part of you.
Scribble thoughts, make lists, paste pictures, and doodle—all tapping into the real you.

What would you do if you won the lottery?
Is there a movie that defines you?
What's your secret talent?

Here's your secret me book—it's time to celebrate what you're made of.

Last Thursday, Meg and Rachel were on hand in NYC reading and signing from their book to a packed house! Meg (that's her on the right in the photo below) adds: “In the spirit of the book, we asked people to share some of their secret habits and dreams. And we discovered that in the audience, we had a woman who wished she could be the pope, as well as someone who always wanted to open a button factory. It was neat seeing the book come to life right in front of us, as audience members shared their own ‘secret me’s."


Sounds like a blast! Congrats, ladies! Now readers -- tell us: who's your "secret me?"


4 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Love this. I think mine is that I wish I had the talent for community theater. I was on stage for ONE play in high school and... THRILLS.

Micol Ostow said...

Ooh, then mine is that I wish I could tap dance for reals. I took tap when I was younger but it never stuck.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.