rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Attention Diana Wynne Jones Fans!

Attention Diana Wynne Jones fans: I need quotes for an article being published mid-month. Leave a comment below telling me which DWJ book is your favorite, how old you were when you started reading her stories, or why you love her books in general! Leave your comments at my blog along with your real name OR username, however you'd like to be credited. Thank you!

Not sure what to say? Here are some prompts to help you out:
Which volume of the Chrestomanci series (aka The Chronicles of Chrestomanci) is your favorite?
What did you think of the film adaptation of Howl's Moving Castle?
What's your favorite part of The Tough Guide to Fantasyland?
Have you read her poetry and/or short stories?

Please leave your comments at my blog - and feel free to share this link with fellow fans and bloggers!

3 comments:

bookkm said...

I don't remember when I first read Diana Wynne Jones but I have been a huge fan for decades - probably 3 or 4. My favorite of her books is "The Lives of Christopher Chant". I have read it multiple times. I lost count after 18.

My first experience with DWJ was discovering "Witch Week". Soon after that, I read "Homeward Bounders" and just this past week, I dashed through "Earwig and the Witch".

There may be a DWJ book out there that I haven't read. I WILL find it and read it. I just wish there could be more. We lost a huge talent when Diana died last year.

Little Willow said...

Thanks, BookKM!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.