rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Monday, January 25, 2010

rgz Newsflash: Melissa Walker in GL

http://covers.magazine-agent.com/images/image.aspx?i=ML1493.gif&h=80

Shout out for our own diva Melissa Walker for her recent interview in Girls' Life Magazine!



Interviewer Samantha Davis asks:

SD: So did you want to be an author when you grew up, too?

MW: Yes, I totally did! I wasn’t sure it was practical, but it was my goal. I wrote for school publications, then interned at a magazine while I was in college, and became an editor. All that prepared me to… return to my teenage diaries and write books! It’s a dream come true.

Head on over and read Melissa's advice on how to be an author. It's wonderful!

My website


3 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Such a cute photo! I want to marry it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.