Mary Ann Gwinn, recently reported that Seattle earned the title Most Literate City in 2009! The survey conducted by Central Connecticut State University placed Washington D.C. at number two and Minneapolis number three.
Seattle was first:
* for number of bookstores per 10,000 people
* for holding the most high school and college degrees
* for being third in Internet usage
* for fourth in library usage
* and 17th in newspaper readers
And Seattle is the birthplace of rgz, championing teen literacy and corresponding social service. Woot!
Here's to the Emerald City and all things bookish!