rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cover Stories: See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles

Jo Knowles is here to talk about her latest novel, See You at Harry's. (Read a rave review on Stacked, and note that it got a star from Kirkus!)

"I think I imagined [the cover as] an image of the restaurant described in the book [as I was writing]. Or the family posing for their annual Christmas card. But… nothing really concrete. I was just hoping whatever it was, I would love it.

"My publisher didn't ask for input. But I gave a few suggestions when I was arguing to keep the title, which is another whole story.

"When I first saw the cover, I felt... Relief! I thought the image was perfect. I liked that the background was blue, not pink. I liked that it wasn’t an image of a sad or lonely girl. I loved that the empty dish had two spoons, not one. I felt that the image captured the mood of the book just right, without giving too much away..."

Read the rest of Jo's Cover Story, and see the cover that a big book chain didn't love, at melissacwalker.com.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.