rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cover Stories: The Perilous Prophecy of Guard and Goddess by Leanna Renee Hieber

Leanna Renee Hieber has a set of haunting covers, and the third book in her Strangely Beautiful series came out in May. She's here to share the story behind the cover of The Perilous Prophecy of Guard and Goddess:

"It’s uncanny how much of what I envisioned translated onto this cover.

"Since I’ve been very active in the marketing process, I was asked early on what I was hoping for / interested in and had an in-person conversation with the art director (whom I love) and was delighted that we were all on the same page, my editor included. Once the 'look' of the series was already established with book one, and it worked really well for the series, I knew the parameters and style we were working with, so it was honestly just a matter of deciding background image and colours. My publisher has done a great job of creating a distinct STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL series look, my three covers are gorgeous all together (see below). What I love about my books is that the covers are unlike anything else out there today, which is quite a feat..."

Read the rest of Leanna's Cover Story at melissacwalker.com.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.