rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Ruby Oliver Series: Self-Respect

This week's theme is Self-respect. In Monday's guest post, featured author E. Lockhart wrote:

"Ruby goes from calling herself a leper (really grodie and unloved) to calling herself a roly-poly (only a little grodie and even beloved by certain bug-fond weirdos). A bit of progress, right."

Sometimes we all judge ourselves harshly. Have you experienced that? How did you change that mindset and up your self-respect factor like Ruby does over these four books?

PS-Don't forget to Rock the Drop tomorrow to be entered to win the entire Ruby Oliver series!

PPS-Visit our archives for a whole month of featured content featuring E. Lockhart and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks!



4 comments:

Micol Ostow said...

I have always been very hard on myself, and I think that also spurred me to be hard on others in my life, too. Making sure to acknowledge things I'm proud of has helped my self-esteem and helped me to be less judgmental with others.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

Surrounding yourself with good friends who help reinforce positive messages really helps!

Little Willow said...

I am my own worst critic, but I'm also pretty darn upbeat and optimistic!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.