rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rock the Drop: Download Banners and Bookplates!

Readergirlz and Figment are going to ROCK THE DROP in honor of Support Teen Lit Day a week from today: Thursday, April 14th. We can’t wait! Here’s how you can get involved:

* Snag the banner at left, created by the uber-talented David Ostow (who blogs hilarious cartoons here), and add it to your website, linking back to this post to share the love, and proclaiming that you will indeed ROCK THE DROP next week!

* Print a copy of the bookplate below and insert it into a book (or 10!) that you'll drop on April 14th. Drop a book in a public spot (park bench, bus seat, restaurant counter?) and you’re done. Lucky finders will see that the book is part of ROCK THE DROP!

* Snap a photo of your drop and email readergirlz AT gmail DOT com with the pic -- we'll be posting lots of pictures of drops happening all over the world, and our friends at Figment will also be featuring the event!


Imagine people around the globe finding copies of amazing books in unexpected places, gifted out of love for YA lit. Everyone can participate to raise awareness of the day!

28 comments:

Little Willow said...

Looks great! Thanks to David for the fantastic graphics.

Micol Ostow said...

Can't wait!

Melissa Walker said...

I seriously love dropping books on this day.

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I'm so excited!The Drop is Rocking!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alicia said...

This going to be our store's first drop!

holly cupala said...

Hooray!!! What a fun time! I love the graphics!

kathleen duey said...

YAY! I LOVE this event!!!

Little Willow said...

Thanks to everyone participating! Alicia, you'll have to send us a picture of your store rocking the drop!

Erin O'Riordan said...

What an awesome idea! I'm in.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Woot. Woot. I am in. I participated in Teen Book Drop last year and had fun. I like the idea of taking a picture of the book in it's drop spot.

ETowns said...

I am TOTALLY IN LOVE with Rock the Drop Thursday. I am going to my fave lil Church Steeple bookstore and finding some of these books. So much FUN...I cannot wait. I might pre-drop. roflol.

Bev said...

I'm dropping Stargirl, Diamond Willow, and Bridge to Terabithia at my school tomorrow. I also encouraged my students to drop some books of their own around the school. Pictures will be taken of the drops. I'm so excited!!

Pixie said...

Can't wait to rock the drop!

PurpleStar97 said...

This sounds cool!!! I might try it! RJ x

Kate E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate E. said...

So glad I saw this in time to participate! Now to figure out which book to drop...and where!

Unknown said...

I. Love. This.

So glad I saw this today! I have a few great YA books sitting next to me that are just dying to get into a teen's hands!

You Rock!

Beth Kephart said...

I'm on it, lovely ladies of Readergirlz?

J OConnell said...

It's on!

Will be grabbing an iced tea at my local Panera and dropping a book on an unsuspecting table for someone to find.

J OConnell said...

It's on!

Will be "dropping" a book at my local Panera while I grab an iced tea.

Wendy Toliver said...

Better than the Easter bunny!

LRAtRandom said...

I just found your blog today...a little late to the game, I know. This is an awesome idea! I'm not sure if I will have time to drop tonight but I am sure going to try!

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Found this today, too. I picked out five books I think YA readers will love, but I'm thinking high school's let out for the day, so where should I drop them?

Melissa Walker said...

Thanks to everyone who dropped! Last minute counts too--so glad you found us!

Jennifer Hawes said...

Please tell me you are doing Rock the Drop again!! Any dates set for this year?

Melissa Walker said...

We're doing it again! Mark April 12th! x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.