rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Rgz Street Team: Sarah Reviews Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

The rgz Street Team is a group of teens who bring YA reviews to our blog, led by Postergirl Miss Erin. Find out more.

Today, Sarah reviews Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken:


"I loved [the main character] Sydelle. She was such a strong character and full of so much life. Her strong voice made the story more enjoyable as does her hope. I also loved North. He was so strong and sweet at times, other times he was a complete jerk and I was never sure of his motives. The relationship between them developed really quickly and seemed unrealistic at times, but if you were traveling with someone like they were, you might do that too.

-----

If you're participating in the Needle and ThREAD: Stitching for Literacy New Blogger Puzzle Contest, here's line 3:


Q S A M G L M W M T O M Q V M F,


This contest is open to everyone. If this is the first you're hearing of it, go take a look.

-----


[And now back to Sarah's post:]

"The plot of Brightly Woven was epic. It captured my imagination really quickly and I just loved it. The world was developed into something that I have never seen before and was so detailed. Unlike a lot of fantasy, I understood what was going on and never felt lost. Bracken's debut leaved me wanting more from her. Brightly Woven was exquisitely written and will easily captivate you. I highly suggest that you read this book, it was exciting and a page turner." --Sarah

See Sarah's full rating of this book on Sarah's Random Musings.

2 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

I've been meaning to read BRIGHTLY WOVEN and now I'm even more intrigued. Thanks, Sarah!

Micol Ostow said...

Yay for a fellow Egmont author! This book looks great.