readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Story Secrets: HOLD ME TIGHT by rgz co-founder Lorie Ann Grover

What a great pleasure it is to chat with rgz co-founder Lorie Ann Grover today about her verse novel, HOLD ME TIGHT.

Readers, this is a *wonderful* book, and an excellent compliment to this week's spotlighted title over at readergirlz, Lauren Oliver's BEFORE I FALL. It's thematically very different, but if you love intense stories with well drawn characters and true emotions, then you will absolutely adore HOLD ME TIGHT.

Welcome, Lorie Ann!


Psst. Holly, here are few secrets from HOLD ME TIGHT.

HOLD ME TIGHT is based on my own life experiences. When I was ten, my father left our family, and the boy who sat in front of me was kidnapped. Thirty years later, I decided to incorporate both events into a novel. Here's my trailer:

And now a few facts not found in the work... (spoiler alert)

Find out Lorie Ann's secrets and more about HOLD ME TIGHT here...

~Holly Cupala


Lorie Ann Grover said...

Ahhh. Thanks, Holly!

holly cupala said...

I hope everyone takes time to read this book - it is so good!