rgz

readergirlz is a literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation's Innovations in Reading Prize. The rgz blog serves as a depot for news and YA reviews from industry professionals and teens. As volunteers return full force to their own YA writing, the organization continues to hold one initiative a year to impact teen literacy. All are welcome to "like" us on Facebook!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Story Secrets: FAITHFUL by Janet Fox + Giveaway!

A warm welcome to my faraway friend and fellow 2K10 debut author, Janet Fox!

Even though Janet and I have not met in person (not yet - but there's BEA right around the corner!), we have become fast friends. And I am very excited to introduce you to FAITHFUL, which releases today! And we have a copy to give away!

Welcome, Janet!

*****

FAITHFUL is my debut novel. It’s YA historical fiction set in 1904, with romance and mystery and a unique setting – Yellowstone National Park. I’m most excited about the way that the setting, with its deadly yet spectacular hot springs, geysers, and animals, acts as a metaphor for the novel and the experiences of my protagonist, Maggie Bennet.

FAITHFUL is such a romantic story, and also a family story. Did it come from life?

My husband and I met and fell in love in the mountains of Montana not far from Yellowstone. Years later, when I began writing and shortly after my mom died, I began to think about what Yellowstone meant to me, and Maggie and her story were born.

Jeff and I were on a hike, and I stopped as said, “What if I wrote….?” And that he let me talk through the first ideas for the story. What a guy. No wonder it’s a romance...

Read the rest and enter the FAITHFUL giveaway!

5 comments:

Janet Fox said...

You guys are so cool to host me here - many hugs!!

Melissa Walker said...

This cover makes me swoon! Look for an email from me, Janet.

holly cupala said...

Thanks for letting me interview you, Janet!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.